Sunday, June 20, 2010

Can you say midlife crisis?

Friday night ended with me cooking up a yummy dinner using my Tofu Shirataki noodles, man I love these. I cooked up some broccoli, onion, red bell pepper and mushrooms, then tossed it with the noodles and a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese. Very delish in the dish dinner. Meghan doesn't care for them, but I think they really taste good and with the low calories heck you can't go wrong with them!

So I was inspired by Catlin's new workout video Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones and picked up Friday night at Wal-Mart. Meghan wanted to do the workout with me, so there we are the two of us in the living room - me cursing at Jillian and Meghan laughing at me (sometimes yelling at me not to quit). We did it. The whole 40 minute workout and wow what a killer workout.

Saturday morning I woke up thinking Caitlin was a weakling for feeling so sore after, heck I felt great! Fast forward about 12 hours - OMG, every muscle in my body is KILLING me! LOL! Sorry Caitlin, I was wrong. LOL! Before the pain set in though Meghan and I did the first workout in the C25K and then some. We got in a good 1 hour walk/run. Perfect way to start off the morning.

So, can you say midlife crisis?? Want to know how we spent the rest of our Saturday?? Yea, at the Chevy dealership buying momma a new CAMARO!! Sweet!!

Really I had just wanted to go in and see if I would really even like one. I had a few requirements: leather, moon-roof, spoiler and racing stripe. Got it all baby!

The hard part was debating on the color. I thought I really liked the Jewel Red, but ended up falling in love with the Cyber Gray. They had the Cyber Grey on the lot with everything but the spoiler and racing stripe, so we have to bring it back in later next week to have that stuff put on. Then hopefully next weekend get the windows tinted. This thing is loaded with goodies! Automatic start, I can play my iPod, Bluetooth, heated seats (won't need that for a few months)...I could go on and on.

We were at the Chevy dealership around 11am and didn't leave until about 4pm, so our plans of grilling dinner quickly went down the drain. We were so tired and hungry we picked up pizza and beer and enjoyed dinner in the garage staring at our new baby. LOL! In the evening we went out to sit in the car and see what she looked like in the dark (I know, we are losers). The inside door panels light up so freaking cool!! It's hot, John and I decided we needed to start going out more at night! LOL!

Looking forward to surprising the boy tonight when he gets home from Michigan!! He'll totally flip out!



For Father's Day today we have been relaxing around the house. I made John breakfast and again we ate out in the garage looking at the car. Off to enjoy the rest of the day with the husband and wait for the boy child to get home in a few hours!!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Looks very swanky Kate! A new car is always exciting, particularly if you are like me and wait for a long time between new cars. :) The meal looks yummy too. I saw Laughing Cow cheese advertised recently so will have to keep an eye out for it. Usually I'd stir low-fat ricotta through a meal like the one you made and perhaps zest some lemon rind into it. Enjoy the car and I hope your boy child got a lovely surprise upon his return.

 

blogger templates |