Tuesday, June 15, 2010

reinvest - day 4

I was excited to wake up feeling much better today. Maybe I have just been battling some extra long PMS or something, glad to feel like I am getting out of that crappy funk.

When I got home from work yesterday I quickly ran to my blender and whipped up a fantastic green smoothie. In it:

• Spinach
• Banana
• Frozen Strawberries
• Chia Seeds
• Amazing Grass
• Frozen Mango
• Cinnamon
• Crushed Ice
• Vanilla Almond Breeze

A glass of frozen heaven! The 13 year-old daughter loves to have them with me too. We had to wait a few hours before we could go out and run since the afternoon was just too hot. I took advantage of the time and put some things together for today, a little laundry and relaxed with the puppies.

We tried Tofu Shirataki Noodles for the first time along with Caitlin’s Peanut Sauce and then also added in:

• Broccoli
• Mushrooms
• Garlic
• Carrots
• Seasoning

Now I have read that either you love the Tofu Noodles or you hate them. I loved them, Meg hated them. The husband worked yesterday, so I figured it might be safer to test them out with him not being there. I really hate when I cook up a flop dinner and the whole family has to suffer. Anyway, I loved it and Meg picked at it. I can’t wait to try out a few more recipes with the Tofu Noodles!

Meg and I got in 40+ minutes in running/walking. It sucks that it’s getting hot and staying hot in the evenings. However, it does work out when you want to swim laps after running! The water is still a tick cool for me, but after running/walking the water felt amazing! I did a little over 10 minutes swimming laps, so over all I was satisfied with my workout last night and totally feeling it this morning!

I finished up with a little Organic Greek Yogurt, Fruit and Granola.

So far today has been better. My energy level has been up nicely and looking forward to getting some type of workout in tonight. Just depends on where my evening takes me. Maybe the treadmill and pool.
Thought I would share some of my food from today:

My pre-made oatmeal:

And amazing veggie wrap:

No comments:

 

blogger templates |