Thursday, June 17, 2010

reinvest - day 6



I have seen several different bloggers write about Dr. Kracker’s organic brand of crackers, so yesterday I Googled the brand to find out where I could purchase it here in Arizona. Luckily the Fresh and Easy down the street carried them, but they only had two of the flavors. I packed up one today with some hummus to have for my afternoon snack! Can’t wait to try it out.

Yesterday was a power workout day that’s for sure. When I had gotten home from work I whipped up Green Smoothies for both Meghan and I. Then it was time for some Yoga! This was the first time that I have done Yoga at home and with Meghan! We had a few old VHS tapes that a friend had given us, so we though we would try those out. It was a good 20 minute workout and not to bad. I need to do some research on Yoga DVD’s to see if I can find some other good ones to purchase. There are just too many to choose from and I hate buying something that sucks. Starting to do Yoga again was one of those things that I wanted to "reinvest" in myself again. I forgot how much I do enjoy it and how it helps keep me centered.

For dinner we had leftovers from the night before that Meg made. A very yummy pesto dish! Good job Meg! Although I am really bad when it comes to staying out of the kitchen, I just love cooking! Meg needs to start duck taping me to the couch or something so I will stay out of her way. Cooking has become very therapeutic for me lately and has helped reduce some of my after work stress.

Later that evening Meg and I went running for about 30+ minutes. I had forgotten to charge up my Garmin and it died half way out…ugh. When we returned home it was 15 minutes of laps in the pool. The perfect way to cool down after a run!

Looking forward to this weekend to one – celebrate Father’s Day and two – my boy child comes home Sunday from Michigan!! I have a feeling he is going to look much older when he steps off that plane. My mother said the boy has been eating non-stop, so I am pretty sure he’s been going through a growth spurt.

1 comment:

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

I was going to tell you that I also experienced the trouble with my chest when running. It does get better as you progress. I promise. It just seems like it won't. Try a running plan like Couch to 5K. Do intervals like 30 seconds running and 30 seconds walking. It'll take a few weeks but you'll get there! :)

Oh and try slowing down if you're still having trouble. Nothing wrong with slow running. :D

 

blogger templates |