Monday, March 8, 2010

monday weigh in

I am happy starting the week out 3.6 pounds less than last week! I had hoped to be a little bit more active over the weekend, but all in all it was a good positive weekend. Normally when I take a couple of weeks off of the program I can drop 3-5 lbs. easily the first week of being good again. I hope to see two more pounds off next Monday!

Yesterday my daughter and I ventured out into the rain (tired of this rain!!) and went over to Trader Joe’s to pick up a few things. TJ is about 6 or 7 miles from our house, but in a direction that I totally never go so driving to TJ is a real treat for me. When we first arrive and I head over to grab my favorite hummus we notice three TJ employees quickly pulling ALL of the meat out of the cooler and chucking it into shopping carts. I’m thinking maybe the cooler broke and they don’t want the meat to go bad. Until I notice a strange smell and realize they are having a small electrical fire behind the meat section of the cooler. All I can think is, “crap they better not close the store down before I check out!!” LOL! Lucky for us we moved through the store pretty quickly and by the time we were checking out two fire trucks showed up and they were out of the store as quickly as they had shown up. I guess the TJ employees had it well handled, thank goodness.

A couple challenges before me this week, but I’m not too worried. I am damned and determined to fit into my shorts next week on vacation, so I have good motivation to keep me going!

Now I will be completely honest regarding the actual vacation next weekend. I WILL be drinking beer and eating not all that great. I’m sorry, but it’s vacation. I do plan on brining my walking shoes and hopefully getting some exercise in. One of the guys going with us is always up early walking. Normally I am the fast walker with my group at work, but this man kicks my ass walking. I know I can burn some serious calories hitting the pavement with him.

1 comment:

karen@fitnessjourney said...

We just went on vacay last month and I did a little indulging myself. It's what you do the rest of the year that matters. Hope you have a great time on your trip.

 

blogger templates |