Thursday, March 4, 2010

new recipe and an a+ day

One thing I really like to do is cook healthy for my family. I do have a 9 year-old that is a little on the picky side, so some times it’s a challenge coming up with something that we can all enjoy together.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered the Biggest Losers Family Cookbook with hopes of finding some fun new dinner ideas. Normally I am an online freak printing out all kinds of interesting sounding recipes and using my family as guinea pigs. Anyways, I finally got around to trying one recipe from the book that we all thought sounded pretty good. It was a Blue Cheese Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf. The recipe was very easy to put together (which I really like) and simple ingredients (another plus). I threw it all together as soon as I got home from work, wrote out instructions for my 13 year-old daughter as to when to heat up the oven and when to toss in and then I hit the treadmill for a good 30+ minutes.

As I set the table for dinner I did realize that stupid me forgot to put the buffalo wing sauce into the meatloaf….I swear. However, in the long run this worked out just fine since my son is not a fan of spicy food. Everyone just poured on what they wanted. The recipe was pretty good, although I still feel like it was missing a little something.

I would have to say yesterday was an A+ day for me regarding my calorie in take and my treadmill workout AND walked 30 minutes during my lunch break. Pretty much a perfect day!

I have a new favorite evening dessert! I slice up an apple, place in a bowl with a small amount of water. Microwave for 3 minutes. Place on a plate, sprinkle with cinnamon, small amount of brown sugar and a few crushed up walnut pieces. Oh, heck…it’s like hot apple pie!!

Once I get myself back into the swing of things I always feel so much better. Right now by biggest struggle is trying to figure out HOW to maintain my weight once I get down to where I want to be. I have been reading lots of blogs on women trying to lose large amounts of weight and the struggles they face. I understand that and can relate to that, I have several co-workers and friends fighting that fight now. My question is how the heck do you maintain once you do lose that weight? This is a fight that I have with myself and I’m sure I cannot be the only one out there wondering the same thing.

Until I reach my goal and figure how to stay there for awhile I plan on just chugging along. What else can I do?

The husband promised to go out walking/running with me today after work. I talked to him last night about wanting to run a 5K and he agreed to help me, but I have to quit crying when we do run. LOL! I’ll try, but not sure if I can promise that….just being honest. ;)

Starting Week Weight – 154.2
Target Weight – 139
Current Week Weight – 152.8
This Weeks Loss/Gain -

No comments:

 

blogger templates |