Wednesday, March 3, 2010

a new foot forward

So, most of my battle comes from that fact that I am either an all or nothing type of person. I am 110% into my diet, workout…the whole low calorie enchilada or 110% into binge eating, drinking beer, no workout…the whole enchilada with two servings of chips! I start off well and then say Super Bowl Sunday hits, well just this one day I’ll be bad and have some fun. However the next weekend is the Daytona 500/Valentine’s Day and it’s okay to be bad then too…heck might as well be bad from the one to the other right? That’s how my brain works.

I have a wonderful family, so really there’s no stress there. They are supportive all though it would be nice if my husband would walk with me more.

Work…lots of stress there. I have been completely unhappy lately and it sure as hell isn’t the best time to be looking for a new job. Because of this I normally go home tired and not wanting to do much of anything. My co-worker and I both are feeling the same pain have been trying to get out for 30 minutes everyday and get a good walk in. We have had a lot of weather permitting type of days lately, but are starting to get back into the swing of things.

Why do I want to lose the weight?

I turned 40 last year and I am not ready to lose my youth. Since losing the weight and working out I feel better than I have in my 30’s. I have discovered that I love being outside! So, it’s more of an inside/outside feeling that I love. I want to feel great and look great! LOL!

My fitness goal?

I would love to become a runner. Right now I am 155% not a runner. It’s pretty sad when I do try to run. You would think I smoked three packs of cigarettes a day (I don’t smoke at all!). I dream of running a 5K and actually running, not walking. My husband has tried to help, but I am always full of excuses when it comes to running. I just don’t enjoy it, but I keep thinking of I really try maybe one day I would love it.

Living a healthy lifestyle goal?

I really want to give up as much meat and processed food as possible. More organic food it my diet would also be good. Normally I am not much of a meat lover, so that’s pretty easy. I love veggie burgers and lucky for me my husband and family don’t mind my veggie meals either. Processed foods I have really been trying to cut out. I don’t drink soda, so that’s good. Anyway, this is newer to me and I have just started doing some reading on it all.

Anyway, I am starting March off on a new foot (although I do have a vacation coming up with month…that could be bad). Getting back into tracking everything that I put into my mouth and the calories. I find this helps keep my honest and accountable! Will focus on the positive of working out and eating healthy!!

Starting Week Weight – 154.2
Target Weight – 139
Current Week Weight –
This Weeks Loss/Gain -

1 comment:

karen@fitnessjourney said...

Hi, I'm your newest follower! It seems to me that you already are further ahead than most. It's great that you are getting out of the office each day-especially since you mentioned that your job isn't making you real happy lately.

 

blogger templates |