Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 12 and Friday!!

Made it to another Friday and again the weekend coming is looking perfect. Weather should be back in the 80’s and we will be spending lots of time out in it!! With it being Good Friday today we are planning on closing a little early for the day, so I will be able to hit the grocery store early and get that out of the way.

Yesterday when I got home from work it was just too nice to not get out and walk. My husband was still feeling under the weather and I really didn’t’ feel like taking the dogs out with me, and I hate walking by myself. I asked my 13 year-old daughter to join me and after much begging I finally talked her into it. Mistake! The kid was killing me. She made me run and when I wasn’t running enough she would smack me on the butt! LOL! Her walking pace was also much quicker than my husband and we were booking. I need to take her out with me more!!

The rest of the evening was nice and relaxing. Made the Crusted Almond Chicken Fingers and yams for dinner. Hung out on the couch and watched my guilty pleasure show The Real Housewives of New York (Orange County is my favorite).

We decided on trying another Biggest Loser Family Cookbook recipe for dinner tonight. It’s some kind of BBQ Turkey Bacon Meatloaf, and then I think I will cook up that Fennel to have along with it.

I was thinking about this 21 Day Challenge that I am doing and at the beginning I wrote about a few things that I wanted to accomplish during this. One being alcohol. I did drink the other night, but I’m not going to let that discourage me or anything. More than anything I didn’t want to be drinking more than once a week. Come this time of the year it’s so easy to sit outside at night and have a few beers and relax…however that means no working out and usually eating junk for dinner. I am on day 12 today and I have had one evening of drinking (and that damn brownie & ice cream). Not too bad if I do say so myself. We have been eating at home preparing healthy meals and I have been feeling so much better! So, during this 21 days I just want to stay on focus with eating right, working out and taking care of myself. That’s all you can do, right?

Tomorrow we pick up our baskets of fruit/veggies and can’t wait to see what we get again!!

Have a happy and healthy Friday!!

p.s. I Run Because I Can – has a great give away on her blog!

Day 12 – April 2, 2010
Weight – 153.4
Calories – 1,215
Exercise – 30 Minutes Walking/35 Minutes Walking
Alcohol – None

1 comment:

karen@fitnessjourney said...

That is hilarious about your 13 year old pushing you! My trainer always suggests having a workout buddy because most of us don't want to be shown up. Your teenager sounds like the perfect workout buddy. I know that there is no way I'd let my kids think their mama was a wimp. LOL!

 

blogger templates |