Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 11

I wish this was a bad April Fools Day joke, but man was I bad last night! I knew this was coming this week and I’m not going to beat myself up over it. It was one night. It was a total blast. I’m okay with it.

We went out for dinner at our favorite pizza place just me and the husband. We started out with a couple of draft beers and a dozen wings – hot….yummy. Then a couple more beers and a small thin crust pizza with mushrooms and red peppers. Doesn’t sound bad, I know that’s what you’re thinking. Well my problem is I drink beer and I want chocolate! So, we had to go next door to the grocery store to get the husband some night-time cold medicine and happened to pick up a brownie mix and vanilla ice cream (it was the ½ fat kind!). Now I did only have one brownie and a couple scoops of ice cream, but my scale did not like me this morning. LOL! It’s all good. Boy was it ever good!

Not sure if I will be getting my lunch time walk in today or not, the weather is looking a little shady out there today. We are supposed to have thunderstorms by lunch time, but I’m hoping they hold out for awhile. Either way I will get a workout in tonight for sure.

Also planning one of my family favorites for dinner tonight.

Crusted Almond Chicken Fingers

Ingredients
• Canola oil cooking spray
• 1/2 cup sliced almonds
• 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 large egg whites
• 1 pound chicken tenders

Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 475°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Set a wire rack on the baking sheet and coat it with cooking spray.
2. Place almonds, flour, paprika, garlic powder, dry mustard, salt and pepper in a food processor; process until the almonds are finely chopped and the paprika is mixed throughout, about 1 minute. With the motor running, drizzle in oil; process until combined. Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish.
3. Whisk egg whites in a second shallow dish. Add chicken tenders and turn to coat. Transfer each tender to the almond mixture; turn to coat evenly. (Discard any remaining egg white and almond mixture.) Place the tenders on the prepared rack and coat with cooking spray; turn and spray the other side.
4. Bake the chicken fingers until golden brown, crispy and no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes.

Nutrition
Per serving: 174 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 66 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 1 g fiber; 254 mg sodium; 76 mg potassium.

It’s Thursday and we are getting closer to the weekend! With tomorrow being Good Friday, how can it not be a good Friday?? Be happy and healthy!

Day 11 – April 1, 2010
Weight – 153.6
Calories – 1,249
Exercise – 30 Minute Walk (no rain!!)/42 Minute Walk
Alcohol – None - one of my reps just came in and left me with TWO six-packs of Modelo especial!!!! NNNNOoooooooooooooo!!!!

No comments:

 

blogger templates |