Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weekend Bliss

Friday ended just relaxing with the kids at home. I made a nice veggie tortilla pizza for dinner, again another non-meat day! I tried to stock up on lots of goodies at Wal-Mart to try to get us enough dinners for the upcoming week. My goal is to go meatless all week if possible, it's just really hard with the family but I think I came up with some pretty good options. We'll see what happens.

By the end of Friday evening I was getting a little hungry and I wanted something naughty to eat. I opted for some Greek Yogurt and strawberries. I heated the strawberries up first with just a little water on the stove top. I topped the yogurt with my warm berries, a little honey, some pecans and just a pinch of brown sugar...OMG...heaven! I basically cleaned out the cup in no time flat. Meg and I spent the rest of the evening getting things put together for our hike in the morning. We even put together a couple of Breakfast Oatmeal Cookies to have ready before we left the house in the morning.



Up again at 5am and both Meg and I were feeling much better this Saturday compared to last Saturday morning. The mountain was pretty quiet and this time around we saw lots of bunnies!! They are just too adorable. The cactus are all still in bloom, but you can tell they won't be around for much longer. Even the greenness is starting to turn more brown. We were all over the trails and even found some new routes. Meg started getting mean and had me going up some steep stuff and she yelled at me to "Keep moving mom!" We got a little over two hours in and looked forward to going home, eating and cleaning up for the day.



I promised the husband that I would make breakfast when we got home since he loves my bagel thin breakfast sandwiches that I make. I made mine without turkey bacon, and we sat outside and enjoyed breakfast together. Looking forward to a nice lazy day. It is amazing just how much better I feel when I start the day off right.

Later in the afternoon while watching the Suns game I made another batch of crackers and we enjoyed them hot out of the oven with some hummus. My husband just about ate them all!! I also cooked up some veggie pizzas again to enjoyed while siting out by the pool. It was such a beautiful afternoon. I did take some "me" time and enjoyed a nice nap with the puppies. I had the bedroom windows all open so we could hear the chimes, there was an amazing breeze coming in. Heaven!

Did treat myself to some Select 55 later in the afternoon. I did a new recipe for dinner, but sadly we ate it so fast that there are no photos. I made a spinach and artichoke lasagna that turned out perfect!

One of my weekend highlights was that I received my FIRST 3-Day donation!! My husbands fire captain/and friend donated $60!! A huge thank you for being my first!! I am so excited that I FINALLY committed to doing this.

Anyway, it 's now Sunday and I have already gotten my workout in for the day. I finished week one of the C25K program!! Woo-Hoo!

Have a happy and healthy Sunday!

April 25, 2010
Weight – 149.8
Calories – Didn't Count
Exercise – 30 Minutes Treadmill/15 Minutes Strength Training
C25K Week 1 - Week one DONE!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Great morning hike. Love the strawberry-yogurt combo.

 

blogger templates |