Saturday, April 17, 2010

Super Mom

I played the part of Super Mom yesterday. I busted out of work to head over to Wal-Mart to get my grocery shopping done in 30 minutes flat. Forgot a couple of things, but did pretty well. I was about ready to kill the young cashier dude, really can you move ANY slower?!?

Made it home it time to take my daughter over to the High School for the Relay For Life event. She had to be there at 5:30 pm and we made it right on the dot. I help for a few minutes by blowing up balloons for their table and met a few of her adorable friends. Also ran into a few other family friends I was surprised to see there. Meg was pretty quiet about the whole event and I had no idea she was Vice President of her school team! Using my Super Mom powers yesterday I rallied friends, family and co-workers to help me meet Meg's donation goal AND they helped pass it!! She was pretty shocked when she got home and found out, I had to help my girl out. Anyway, she had a great time but didn't do the sleepover thing. Maybe next year. She loved the high school boys in the tent next to them. They were selling rides in shopping carts around the track, but I think they just liked the idea of the high school boys giving them rides..heeheee....




After dropping off the daughter it was time to take the boy child over to Target to pick up something I promised him last week. We made it home in time for him to take off with his buddy for a sleep over. Super Mom, got to enjoy a quiet dinner with the dogs and did a little magazine reading...heaven. I had some leftovers from the night before and made a nice little Bagel Thins sandwich, yummy! I was back at the High School by 9pm to pick up Meg and then it was bed time for Super Mom. Super Mom needs a good 8 hours of sleep to recharge her super powers.

This morning at 5am Meg and I were up enjoying the breakfast cookies I made the night before. I actually had mine in a pie pan so I could heat it up in the oven since the microwave was still dead. I had bought some chocolate almond butter at the store and some mini chocolate chips (for Meg's) and OMG, so good!! We made it to South Mountain by 6 am and hiked for over two hours! A few more people out early this time, but with the weather hitting the 90's today I don't blame them. I did find a waist pack at Wal-Mart for only $9.89 and it worked great! We were able to carry our water, camera, iPod, phone, power bar and car key! Did the job even though I might have looked like an idiot! LOL!


Does the poor little 13 year-old look tired?

Once home we cooked up some Bagel Thins and eggs and now enjoying some hot coffee. What a great way to start off the day. Not too much to do today, maybe Costco and Sprouts but that is about it. I do see a nap in my future!
Have a happy and healthy Saturday!!

April 17, 2010
Weight – 149.2
Calories – Didn't Count
Exercise – 2 Hour 15 Minute Hike!
Alcohol – Day 6 of None

April 18, 2010
Weight – 149.0
Calories – Didn't Count
Exercise – 20 Minute Run Treadmill/45 Minute Walk
Alcohol – Day 7 of None

No comments:

 

blogger templates |