Monday, April 26, 2010

Meatless Monday

Meatless since – 04/21/2010

Since Wednesday I have not had one bite of meat, and I have found it to actually be inspiring in some ways. I have had a blast searching out recipes and trying some new ideas out. Like last night, I made zucchini patties and yes they were missing a little something (maybe need to be spicier) but over all they were pretty good! I made enough to eat this week and even froze a couple for a later day. So, tonight while the family has chicken I will be having one of my zucchini patties!

Can I just tell you how awesome and inspired I have been feeling since I signed up for the 3-Day walk?!? Yesterday I worked on my personal donation page along with my blog journal for the event. My head is still spinning with things I need to work on, but I will try not to go into too many details on this blog and leave it for my 3-Day blog. Please consider donating just $10 per boob in your family!!

I am excited to start week 2 of the C25K program, although I plan on taking a day or two off from running. I am extremely sore from the Saturday hike and my run yesterday. I had hoped to walk tonight with the husband, but he’s helping out a friend today and will probably come home too tired to walk.

Does your dog look like you?

I got an email this morning from Hungry Girl with this website. Great site if you are a dog/cat owner and worry about the weight of your dog. Not only is my dog a redhead, but yes he is a little on the pudgy side. LOL! I need to remember that my dog counts on me for taking care of his weight, not like he’s going to hop on the treadmill while I’m at work or anything. If you are a pet owner check out the site it’s pretty cool!

National Pet Obesity Awareness Day is Wednesday, October 13, 2010.


Have a happy and healthy Monday!

April 26, 2010
Weight – 149.6
Calories – Didn't Count (the break has been much needed)
Exercise – None, day off
C25K Week 2 –

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's wonderful your trying out meatless dishes. Many people think it's only for humane reasons but it's also great for you health. Your pizza looks awesome!

 

blogger templates |